Have you been searching for a nut-free and grain-free muffin recipe? Well look no further. I about fell off my chair with surprise when I heard my daughter’s school was serving these (gluten!, dairy!,grain! and nut! free) muffins for a snack. I was even more excited when they shared this recipe with me. You’ll be equally thrilled to add these nutrient-dense muffins to your child’s lunchbox, or even you own.
Note: Please use the suggested brand of sunflower seed butter or you’ll end up with bright green muffins.
Paleo Mighty Muffins
2 grated Apples (squeeze out the liquid so they don’t make the muffins too soggy)
2 grated Zucchini (also squeeze our excess liquid)
2 C. Sun flower seed butter
3 Tablespoons Honey
1 teaspoons Baking powder
2 Tablespoons Vanilla
1/2 teaspoons Nutmeg
3 teaspoons Cinnamon
pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with baking papers.
2. Using a food processor attachment or box grater, grate apple and zucchini. Place in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze to remove the excess liquid.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, honey, and sunflower seed butter.
4. Add the remaining dry ingredients and the grated apples and zucchini.
5. Mix until well incorporated.
6. Divide evenly into the muffin tins.
7. Bake at 350°F for about 12-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.