Photo Credit: Bija Bhar
What good is a blog if you can’t share secrets with the people who take the time to read it? (That’s you! Thanks for reading along!) I am going to share one of my favorite wellness secrets with you. It is something that I use on a daily basis to round out all of my other Paleo lifestyle habits to stay healthy, vibrant and strong. And now you can do it too.
The secret is turmeric. Turmeric has numerous health benefits. Almost every Indian dish includes it and it is used Chinese and Indian medicine as a remedy for many conditions. I use it by the tablespoonful (or 2) directly in warm water or in Tulsi lemon ginger tea on a daily basis. For years I have been using store-bought turmeric from the spice aisle of my grocery store. It’s hearty and bold. Some people find it too pungent or are intimidated to try it for the first time. However, now there’s a new handcrafted product on the market perfect for adding to beverages that supersedes any turmeric powder I have used before.
My friend, Anjali Bhargava, owner of Bija Bhar — an artisanal healthy food company based in Brooklyn, NY– has recently launched her 100% organic Resilience Blend powder and I am hooked. It blends easily into plain water, or you can add it to smoothies, teas or juices.
What makes the Bija Bhar Resilience Blend so amazing?
1) Bija Bhar uses both yellow and white turmeric root. Yellow turmeric powder isn’t something I have had before, and I find it adds natural sweetness to the blend. Both kinds of turmeric contain anti-inflammatory properties linked to cancer prevention, liver health, and cardiovascular health.
2) To create the powder, the whole turmeric root has been dehydrated at the safest low temperatures to retain enzymes and nutrients.
3) The Resilience Blend powder easily dissolves into water, even your everyday water bottle can be filled with a spoonful or two.
4) You won’t be able to taste it, but the blend contains organic black pepper, which enhances the bioavailability of the curcumin, a major component of turmeric.
5) Lemon, ginger and maple syrup add to the pleasing flavor, which makes it a great introductory product to receive the benefits of adding turmeric to your diet.
Bija Bhar has graciously created a 15% off promotional code: paleoresilience for Primarily Paleo readers to use when checking out through April 12, 2015 or while supplies last. While your stocking up on the Resilience Blend, pick up a few 100% organic seed-based (grain-free, soy-free, vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, filler-free, junk-free) Decadent Energy Nuggets that are also handmade in small batches. You’ll love having them as a post or pre workout pick me up! Please share how you use turmeric in your health plan in the comments below.
*Bija Bhar did send me a free sample of the Resilience Blend powder while it was still in development to get my opinion. I do not receive any commissions from your purchase of Bija Bjhar’s Resilience Blend, I just wanted to share this great product with you before I potentially buy all of them up!