Forget everything (negative) you think about Brussels Sprouts– you are going to LOVE this recipe. All of the benefits of eating Brussels sprouts as well as how to make them taste delicious can be found in my latest post on ThePaleoDiet.com
You can use the basic roasting technique described in ThePaleoDiet.com post for roasting Brussels sprouts in many variations. Here is one that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters at the table.
1 pound of Brussels sprouts (small to medium sized)
3 slices of thick cut bacon
1 tablespoon of olive oil (or less)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Follow the recipe for How to Roast Brussels Sprouts on The Paleo Diet website.
2. Cut the bacon into even, diced size pieces and place in a cold deep, sautéed pan.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the pan and cook the bacon over medium heat until the fat is rendered and bacon is crisp, about 5-10 minutes.
4. Add the roasted Brussels sprouts to the bacon pan, with all the rendered fat and toss to coat evenly.
5. Season with black pepper.
Interested in one more variation? Try these Paleo-friendly Lemon and Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts. They are the original one that got me hooked on Brussels sprouts in the first place.