Looking for a new version of a Paleo friendly bar to have around when hunger hits or to bring with you for a snack? Here’s a great recipe that I adapted from Wholesome Living Magazine that’s easy to make and uses only 4 pantry staple ingredients. They are crunchy, raw, and travel well. I rotate between making these nutty bars and the Homemade Leah Paleo Energy Bars.
1 1/2 cups dried unsweetened apricots
1/2 cup raw almonds
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
pinch of salt
1. Pulse the apricots, almonds, half of the shredded coconut, and a pinch of salt in a food processor until finely ground.
2. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving about an inch overhang on all sides.
3. Transfer mixture to pan and press down firmly to form a rectangle. I used a heavy glass jar to push down hard enough to form a solid bar, but you can also use your hand.
4. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut.
5. Transfer to refrigerator and leave until firm, about 15 minutes.
6. Use the parchment overhang to remove from pan. Slice into six bars.