Another Paleo Challenge is set to begin in a few weeks at CrossFit 206. I love seeing the changes that occur when people go Paleo for the first time; they become stronger, faster, and leaner! One of my clients, who has been Paleo for about 4 months has continued to lose weight even when she was unable to workout due to an injury. She thinks she recovered more quickly from her injury due to her sound diet. I wish everyone was interested and committed to making a dietary change for 30 days.
For a lot of people it can seem overwhelming or radical to make a change to a more Paleo style of eating. We often think of things as being black and white, but you don’t have to go 100% strict Paleo to improve the way you are currently eating and see health benefits.
Set a more specific goal for yourself for 30 days. Here are some examples of one thing you can change:
1) Ditch your sandwich and eat a Paleo lunch everyday.
2) Eliminate gluten (found in barley, wheat, rye, pasta, bread white flour, pizza, etc.)
3) Eliminate refined sugars (white & brown sugar, high fructose cane syrup, agave, artificial sweeteners)
4) Give up your daily latte.
5) Give up the one worst thing you know you shouldn’t be eating. (fried food, vending machine treats, your after dinner dessert)
If you are in the Seattle area and interested in learning more about the benefits and the how to’s of Paleo eating, please come to the free talk on Friday, June 1 at 5:45pm at CrossFit 206. I hope to see you there.