* Eat veggies for breakfast: sauteed with eggs/ omelets, on the side with your breakfast meat
* Have prepped in your fridge or packed for your outing raw or lightly steamed for snacking: cut up carrots or snap peas travel well
* Make kale chips: 2 bunches of dinosaur (lacinato) kale washed and cut into strips or small pieces, place in a single layer on a baking sheet, add some olive oil, cook for about 10 min or until crispy at 350. May have to turn or stir half way through.
* Roasted veggies: slice up your favorite ones into the same size pieces, roast at 400 with some olive oil until cooked to your preference. I recently did this with butternut squash, carrots, cauliflower and portobello mushrooms. There were enough to last 5 days and I ate them with breakfast and sometimes lunch
* Vary your cooking strategy: grill, roast, saute, steam,stir fry or eat them raw
* Switch up your oils: coconut, avocado, olive for cooking, walnut & flax for use once they are cooked
*If you tend to gravitate towards fruit- save it for one serving later in the day as a ‘treat’ once you have gotten some veggies in and remember to limit your fruit intake if your goal is to lose weight.
* The main tip is to buy fresh, preferably organic produce, prepare it and have it ready in the fridge!